* On the day we install your plants, they will receive the watering they need (provided water and hoses are accessible by the homeowner). In the event water hoses, etc. are not available, you will want to provide and good thorough soaking of the plants (i.e. sprinkler systems, etc. will need to be set).
* On the following day, new plants should receive an additional, thorough soaking. In addition to supplying water, the goal is to reduce air pockets that may be in the soil.
* On average, you should water new plants frequently during the first month (1-2 X's per week). Watering times vary depending upon a lot of variables. However, as a general rule plants should be watered 20 - 60 minutes on a slow trickle or mist. When watering always remember: LONG, DEEP, & SLOW. A misting hose is the best management practices recommended. For example you would not want to lay your garden hose at the base of a plant and let it run for an hour. A misting or soaker type hose is the desired result. We want the roots to dig deep for water and not laying near the surface for water. Long, deep, and slow is the key!
* After the first month, a weekly watering to apply approximately 10 gal of water should be sufficient (for small to medium sized plants). For larger trees and plants, additional gallons of water would be needed.
* Don't over water. Over watering is easily detectable. Over watering usually results in "wet welt" and this is where your plant turns yellowish in color and the leavers are sagging. If you observe this condition, you should back off of your watering scheduling and asses how much and often you are watering. On the contrary, if you see your leaves, drying, cracking, wilting, and become crumbly then that is a sign of under watering. Plants will illustrate to you what they need as long as you pay a little attention to them. Remember, plants are living, breathing, organisms and they need a little help to allow them flourish in their non-native environment.
We offer a Healthy Plant, Tree, and Shrub Program to aid in pest control and providing proper nutrients. If you would like an estimate for us to maintain your plants please let us know and we will be happy to get a proposal together. The rates are very reasonable and your plants will appreciate the attention!
If you have any specific questions about caring for newly installed plants please feel free to contact us directly.
Simply Chic Landscaping, LLC.