It is better to suppress weeds prior to their germination period. Once weeds have germinated, removing or suppressing the weeds becomes more problematic and costly. It is important to understand that weed control programs and healthy lawns are a process. It takes time, patience, and a lot of hard work to obtain and maintain a healthy, plush lawn. With the proper application and application times of pre emergents, post emergents, fertilization, and other routine maintenance your lawn can flourish and become the envy of your neighbors.
It is important to understand that any one lawn treatment does not cure all weed problems. Remember, there are numerous types of weeds and each weed has their own germination period. The control of weeds in lawns is a process. It takes time, a full year, to turn problematic lawns around. Lawns are complex, living organisms and can be beautiful assets with the proper care, time, and attention.
Other factors that determine healthy lawns:
* Proper mowing - never remove more than 1/3 of the grass blade on any one mow. Mowing height for Bermuda grass should be 1-2" in height. As a result, Bermuda grass should be mowed every 5-7 days during the growing season.
* Proper watering - your lawn should receive 1" of water per week. The key to remembering when watering your lawn is to water less (once a week) and deep. The best time to water lawns is in the mornings.
* Aeration - the best time to aerate bermuda lawns is May-August.
* Thatch - keep thatch build up to levels below 1/2".
* Proper feeding/nutirients.
lawn maintenance, landscaper, landscaping, care, fertilization, pest control, gardening, aeration, service, company, mulch installation, pine straw installers, bush, shrubs, trimming, pruning, pine bark nuggets, licensed, insured, certified, grass cutting, mowing, mowers, edging, edger, leaf blowing, removal, weed control, picture perfect, trugreen, green shooz, crabapple, creech landscapes, gibbs design, design, installation, sod, Bermuda, core aeration, tree and shrub planting, grass cutter, reel mowing, commercial, residential, fungicide, fire pits, hardscapes, erosion control, mowing, lawn mowing, lawn care, lawn service, lawn company, landscape care, landscaping services, flower beds, ornamental, weeds, leaf bagging, grass cutting, flower planting, pavers, walkways, property maintenance, brush, post, pre emergent, lime application, fertilizer, trimming, tender lawn care, tommy gun, lawn envy, professional, king green, simply green, weed, Georgia, forsyth, fulton, cherokee, yard